Sat, 05 Sept|
Victory Community Centre
ReSource Nelson - WTR & Open Floor
Weaving an interactive journey of Work That Reconnects & Open Floor movement. Essential Tools for the Great Turning. With Inna & Jaime.
Time & Location
05 Sept 2020, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Victory Community Centre, 2 Totara Street, Nelson South, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
About The Event
Essential Tools for the Great Turning
Facilitated by Inna Alex and Jaime Howell.
* Do you sometimes feel hopeless, overwhelmed, lacking direction, or simply longing for quality connection with like-minds? Join ReSource! *
This FULL-DAY WORKSHOP is the core of ReSource NELSON, a non-residential weekend event offering 4 independent sessions based around the modalities of Open Floor, Work That Reconnects and Mindfulness.
Learn & practise together tools to create the beautiful community our hearts know is possible, integrating our body, mind and soul's yearning for wholesome change.
We are alive at an extraordinary & challenging moment in time on Earth: Global pandemic, mass extinctions, run-away industrial growth society, racism, inequality, and unstable climate are all happening.
It is also a time of great possibility when creativity, courage, and collective action can bring positive change for future generations.
There is a deep need to be resourced to navigate these changing times well. This is the work of the Great Turning.
Open Floor and Work That Reconnects (WTR) offer an essential tool kit for living the Great Turning.
Open Floor inspires us to move well with change in our bodies through guided movements.
WTR opens our hearts and minds to the love and the grief we feel for our world, empowering us to act on behalf of Earth.
Throughout the day we will use experiential practices, poetry, ritual, song, Open Floor movement and silence to guide our journey through the four stages of the spiral of the Work That Reconnects. These four stages support one another and help us experience first hand that we are larger, stronger, deeper, and more creative than we have been brought up to believe.
No previous experience is necessary, only the love to connect, move and learn. Everybody is welcome.
COST & REGISTRATION INFO
- ReSource - Thrive (Saturday 1-day workshop): $75/100/125
Register via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2PZi-ro43Dw84hnuw4yJ1L2mQIbq_9Sk7VQVvMUTGMyADWA/viewform
- Whole weekend option (100% ReSource) also available, see link for full event info: https://www.facebook.com/events/209557010306023/
Your facilitators are Inna Alex & Jaime Howell.
* Inna is a passionate community organizer, environmental educator, deep ecology facilitator and yoga teacher. Inna has been teaching Work That Reconnects workshops around NZ and overseas for the past 10 years, having studied both with Joanna Macy and John Seed. "For me, Joanna’s “Work That Reconnects” is the bridge between our spiritual journeys & how we act in the world. I’m amazed how powerful this work is in enabling us to experience ourselves as part of the Living Whole and recommit to wholeheartedly engage in its healing.“
* Jaime is a musician, story teller, rite of passage developer and international Meditation/Open Floor teacher. Jaime is the Director of Opening Minds, an organisation dedicated to nourishing the seeds of wisdom and compassion here in Aotearoa, New Zealand. He is a graduate of a three year school of mindfulness/meditation who went on to spend another three years as the resident practitioner at the Wangapeka Study and Retreat Centre. Jaime has a Masters in Education. He carries a poetic musical torch for helping humans of all ages find their innate abilities to move well in the spirit of the Great Turning. www.openingminds.com
Everybody is welcome. No previous experience necessary.
Come home to your own body. Awaken to your interconnectedness with life. Empower your work for the world. Build the beautiful community your heart knows is possible. Now.